As much as some of us love a good beef burger, veggie burgers are a perfect alternative. Our veggie burger recipe is absolutely delicious and best of all, incredibly easy to make.
NU TIP: Prep the full recipe and freeze the leftover burgers for later!
1. Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Spread on paper towel to remove extra moisture, then place in the bowl of a food processor. Add the sesame seeds and process until everything is combined into a paste. Scrape the mixture into a bowl.
2. Chop the onion and peeled carrot. Add the carrot, onion, and garlic and pulse until finely chopped. Add the cilantro and pulse a few more times until finely chopped.
***Preheat the oven to 400°F.
3. Add the vegetables into the bowl with the chickpea paste. Add the flour, cumin, coriander, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Mix with spoon until evenly combined. Form into 4-6 round patties.
4. In a large frying pan on medium heat add 1 tbsp of olive oil. Add the burgers and fry them for 2-3 minutes per side, until golden brown. Remove the burger and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
5. Place baking sheet in oven and bake 10 minutes on one side, flip and bake 10 more minutes. Remove and let cool a few minutes.
While the burgers are in the oven prepare the dill sauce.
1. Mince the garlic and finely chop the dill.
2. In a small bowl, add garlic, dill, lemon juice, greek yogurt, salt and pepper. Mix together.
Assemble the burgers with dill sauce, fresh crumbled feta cheese, thin sliced red onion and lettuce!